Common Questions from our parents
How do I contact the teacher?
How do I change classes?
How do I register?
What are the available dance styles/classes?
What is the age range for each class?
What qualifications do the instructors have?
What is the class schedule, and how often do classes meet?
What is the dress code for classes?
Are there any performance opportunities or recitals?
What are the fees and payment options?
Is there a registration or enrollment process?
How are students grouped into classes?
What is the studio's approach to discipline and behavior management?
Are there any additional requirements, such as costumes or shoes?
What is the studio's communication policy for updates and announcements?
How does the studio ensure the safety and well-being of students?
Are there opportunities for student progression or advancement?
Can parents observe classes, and if so, what are the guidelines?
What is your attendance and make up policy?
Is there a trial or introductory class available?
What is the studio's approach to fostering a positive and inclusive environment for all students?
What is your cancellation policy?
- You should start by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. For a meeting you will need to schedule a private lesson. Our teachers teach with us as a part time (and 2nd job) as well as have families to care for at home. We value and respect their time and privacy. Please do not contact them via their personal phone or social media with questions or “dance talk”.
- Please come to the front desk, email or call to change any classes.
- You can log onto your parent portal (or create one) https://dancestudio-pro.com/online/innovativestudiostrinity (top corner of our main website for reference) or simply contact our office via phone (727-807-7810) or email (email@example.com)
- The Dance Company Trinity offers a variety of dance styles including ballet, jazz, tap, contemporary, hip-hop, contemporary, modern, lyrical, Relative Motion, Progressing Ballet Technique, Leaps & Turns, and a boys' class.
- Classes are available for students of all ages, starting from toddlers to adults. Age ranges for each class are specified in the class descriptions.
- Our instructors are highly trained professionals with extensive experience in their respective dance styles. They have undergone rigorous training and hold certifications in dance instruction. Yo u can see each of our instructor's credentials on our Instructors Page.
- The class schedule varies depending on the age group and dance style. Classes typically meet once a week. Ballet classes are suggested twice a week.
- The dress code includes attire that allows for movement and proper dance shoes depending on the style. Specific dress code details are listed with each class description.
- Yes, The Dance Company Trinity hosts annual recitals and various performance opportunities throughout the year to showcase students' talents and progress. All students will be able to join our Holiday Showcase at Old McMickeys Farm and our annual May Recital.
- Tuition is on our schedule, based on a weekly hour schedule with monthly tuition. Payments are due on the 5th of each month by cash, check, or the parent portal.
- Yes, parents can register their child online through our website or in person at the studio.
- Students are grouped based on age, skill level, and experience to ensure appropriate placement and optimal learning opportunities.
- Our studio maintains a positive and nurturing environment where respect, discipline, and teamwork are emphasized. We handle issues immediately within the classroom setting, and will involve parents if necessary
- Costumes and specific dance shoes may be required for recitals. Details regarding costume requirements and fees for recital will be available in January.
- We communicate updates and announcements via email, our website, social media channels, and posted notices at the studio. We also email and text urgent information. Parents are encouraged to regularly check these channels for important information.
- The safety and well-being of our students are our top priorities. We maintain a clean and safe studio environment, adhere to safety protocols during classes, and have trained staff to handle emergencies.
- Yes, we offer opportunities for student progression through our leveled classes, workshops, conventions, master classes, and other opportunities adding classes. We also have auditions for performance and competition experiences. Students are encouraged to set goals and work towards achieving them with the guidance of our instructors.
- With the building design, our lobby and waiting areas are limited in order to take advantage of as much instruction space as possible. Because of this limited observation, we offer quarterly parent observation and participation classes where parents can enjoy a full experience and understand our pedagogy and curriculum first hand.
- We understand that students may occasionally miss classes due to illness or other commitments. Students may join another class at their level or a lower level of their genre within 2 weeks of the absence. A total of 5 makeups a year available.
- Yes, we offer trial or introductory classes for new students to experience our studio and determine if it's the right fit for them. Check out all of our options on our trial page.
- We believe in creating a supportive and inclusive community where every student feels valued and respected. Our instructors promote teamwork, encouragement, and mutual respect among students to foster a positive learning environment. When it comes to our classes, we keep all competition and performance classes separate so that no one feels left out. We combine our training classes such as Relative Motion, PBT, and Modern for inclusivity. Technique classes such as ballet and jazz are separated by technical skills as outlined in our curriculum.
Based on our 30 day cancellation policy, you will need to email a cancellation notice, 30 days prior. If your cancellatiotnis immediate, 30 days of tuition will still incur.